Post Views: 1
Here’s a rundown of the day’s biggest politics stories:
- Jay Inslee, whose campaign focused on the climate crisis, ended his presidential bid and announced he would seek a third term as governor of Washington state.
- Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders will join Fox News in September.
- The DNC rejected a proposal to host a presidential primary debate on climate change.
- Former Republican congressman Joe Walsh said he is considering a primary challenge against Trump.
- Former Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee said he might run as a Libertarian.
- The department of justice distributed a link to an antisemitic blog post on VDare, a white nationalist website, in an email sent to immigration court employees.
- Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke endorsed the proposal by youth gun violence prevention activists March for our Lives to reexamine the supreme court’s current interpretation of the second amendment.
- The day before the deadly attack against Latinos in El Paso, Texas governor Greg Abbott sent out an anti-immigrant fundraising letter calling on Republicans to “DEFEND TEXAS NOW” and “take matters into our own hands”.